Monday 5 August 2013

Make up Equipment

Being well organized is essential.
Whether your somebody who's make up kits consists of nothing more than a lipstick and powder or if your a working make up artist who on most occasions carries around a complete collection of cosmetics.

So with that I thought in today's post i'd talk to you about what I keep in my different make up kits.

So firstly I have my home make up. This is just simply make up that I always keep at home, you should organize your home make up either in your bathroom drawer; on top of the counter, or in a box. I keep mine in my dressing table drawer and on top of my dressing table. I keep my basics and items i use rarely separately. At least twice a year i make sure all my colours and formula's are working.

So my basic home kit inclues;
- Concealers and correctors (all of which I have different shades for different times of the year)
- A foundation and a tinted moisturiser
-Powder (In 2 colours)
- Eyeshadows (Three to four basic colours)
- Eyeliner (powder and gel)
- Mascara
- Blush (powder and cream)
- Lipsticks
- Gloss
and lastly Lip pencils.

So now moving on to my everyday bag, this is all the things that I will carry around with me on a day to day basis.
.
- One or two palettes that contain my foundation, concealer, blush and lip colour
- A compact of pressed powder with a mirror
- A basic eye palette ( The smaller the better )
- Mini Mascara
- Lip Gloss
- Mini Brushes
and lastly a sample size of face cream.

Then I have my Evening bag make up, Because when I go out in the evening I tend to take a smaller bag or a clutch, it means that I have to really minimize what make up I take out as they do not allow you to tote around loads of products. So you need to selective.
I usually pack;
- Lipstick or a gloss
- Lip pencil
- A powder compact 
- Customizable face palette (containing concealer, Foundation and blush)
- Mini Perfume 
and Lastly some breath mints.

Gym Bag
After you've done your work out you'll want to clean your face and start your make up from scratch. So here are the following items i'd take
- Face wipes
- Moisturizer
and a customized face palette or at least a tinted moisturizer, lip colour or gloss and mascara.

For travel.
I always keep a kit packed with my travel pieces so I don't have to worry about arriving somewhere and then realizing i've forgotten something. I'd advise investing in several small plastic bottles, Label them and fill them with your essentials. Purchase mini brushes, mascara and a small eye palette.
My travel kit includes:
- Travel-Size shampoo and conditioner
- Body and facial moisturizers
- Make up palettes with all my basics
- Mini Mascara
- Face powder and bronzer
- Self tanner
- Lipstick or Gloss
- A brush roll of travel size brushes
- Tweezers
- Hairbrush and hairspray
- Perfume in a mini or compact version
and lastly perfumed body creams.

I thought I'd include a list of what i'd keep in a work desk drawer but as I do not have a desk at work lol It's only what i'd advise.
So I think that it would be worth investing in duplicates of your make up to keep in your office just so you can freshen up before a big meeting or if your going out straight after work.
I'd include,
- Concealer
- Foundation
- Pressed powder (With a mirror)
- Blush
- Lip balm, lip colour and/or gloss
- Black eyeliner and white or silver eye shadow to create an evening eye
- Mini brushes 
and lastly a travel toothbrush and toothpaste set.



I hope this has helped give you an idea of how to organize your make up.

See you all soon in my next blog post! :)

Barebeauty3
 xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment